They say when it rain its pours, and its really been pouring awards this weekend. Couldn’t have asked for anything better. Thank you actress for nominating our blog. Your writing is inspirational and this nomination from you means far more than my words can describe. When we started this blog, we didn’t know if even one person would be interested in our ramblings. We have now far exceeded our own expectations. Thanks again.
The Duties of a Unique Blogger Award nominee:
- If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Unique Blogger Award.
- Common courtesy! Thank the person who nominated you. Link them into your “Unique Blogger Award” response!
- Answer the 3 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 8-13 people for the same award.
- Ask the people you nominate 3 questions.
What is the quote that resonates with you most?
I would like to present two, the first from my all time favorite author Ayn Rand’s Atlas Shrugged: “I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine” – twenty years ago this wouldn’t have made sense to me but as I have grown older it makes more and more sense I am so done living my life according to someone else’s dreams – never again.
The second is from another of my favorite writer and Nobel laureate author Sir V.S.Naipaul’s A bend in the river, “The world is what it is; men who are nothing, who allow themselves to become nothing, have no place in it.” – to me this starting of his book is on par with Dickens “it was the best of times – it was the worst of times.” Such simplicity in Sir. Naipaul’s words yet such a powerful message. I find that I contemplate his quote more and more these days.
Has blogging benefitted your life? If so, in what way?
Short answer – Yes. We wanted to start this blog as a means to write (vent) about our experiences and observations. Blogging is such a pleasant enterprise in our lives. The whole writing, editing, publishing – process is so refreshing. To receive comments on posts we thought no one would care about is just a bind blowing experience. There is no other high compared to it.
Do you believe in soul mates?
Yes! enough said 🙂
My 3 questions for you amazing nominees:
- Your most cherished childhood memory?
- How much do you think likes and comments play a role in your continued ability to put out new posts?
- Share your favorite quotes or lyrics that you most closely associate with? Add briefly what they means to you.
Congrats to all of these guys. You are all amazing and truly unique.
Thanks once again Actress for your nomination.